SAFETY PARTITION AND NEGATIVE PRESSURE VEHICLE
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, there is a strong need for non-emergency medical transportation now more than ever. Individuals who are known or are suspected to have COVID-19 may rely on NEMT to practice social distance from family and loved ones in an effort to curb the spread of the virus. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has published for the safety of both drivers and passengers traveling in non-emergency medical vehicles. These guidelines have become an integral part of Sunset Vans’ business as we evolve and adapt to meet the needs of the community.
The disinfection of vehicles follows for sanitizing homes and community facilities previously published by the CDC. For drivers and operators of NEMT vehicles, the CDC recommends cleaning and disinfecting commonly touched surfaces at the beginning and end of each shift. Cleaning and disinfection should also occur between the transportation of visibly ill passengers. Individuals who clean these vehicles are advised to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including goggles and face masks in addition to disposable gloves when possible. Other PPE may be needed per the cleaning product manufacturer’s instructions. Individuals should also ensure that there is adequate ventilation when chemicals are used to disinfect the vehicle.At Sunset Vans, these guidelines have become an integral part of our manufacturing process. All of our vehicles are sanitized thoroughly, from commonly touched surfaces to the interior cabin, to meet these guidelines and beyond before delivery to our customers.
- For hard non-porous surfaces within the interior of the vehicle such as hard seats, arm rests, door handles, seat belt buckles, light and air controls, doors and windows, and grab handles, clean with detergent or soap and water if the surfaces are visibly dirty, prior to disinfectant application. For disinfection of hard, non-porous surfaces, appropriate disinfectantsinclude:
- The <EPA’s registered antimicrobial products for use against novel coronavirus>.
- Diluted household bleach solutions safely prepared according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Alcohol solutions with at least 70% alcohol.
- For soft or porous surfaces such as fabric seats, remove‚any visible contamination, if present,and clean with appropriate cleaners indicated for use on these surfaces. After cleaning, <use products that are EPA-approved for use against the virus that causes COVID-19> and that are suitable for porous surfaces.
- For frequently touched electronic surfaces, such as tablets or touch screens used in the vehicle, remove visible dirt, then disinfect following the manufacturer’s instructions for all cleaning and disinfection products. If no manufacturer guidance is available, consider the use of alcohol-based wipes or sprays containing at least 70% alcohol to disinfect.
Drivers of NEMT vehicles are advised to wear N95 respirators or facemasks if respirators are not available when operating the vehicles. Eye protection such as goggles or facemasks should be worn, provided they do not obstruct the driver’s view. Passengers of these vehicles should also wear a facemask or cloth covering. Drivers and passengers alike should always be practicing regularhand hygiene by washing their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer of at least 60% alcohol when soap and water aren’t available. Passenger vans are the recommended vehicles for NEMT because they allow for greater social distance between the vehicle occupants.
At Sunset Vans, we’ve taken driver and passenger safety a step further with our Negative Pressure Transport Vehicles featuring a safety partition. These partitions improve driver safety when transporting patients that may be at risk of spreading illness. Much like in the cabins of airplanes, the air pressure inside of our Negative Pressure Transport Vehicles is kept beneath the barometric pressure outside by technical means so that air can only flow from the outside to the inside. Air inside the cabin is discharged only after passing through a bio-safety filtration and HEPA purification device.
Safety Partition and Negative Pressure System Features:
- Sealed Partition Separating Driver and Passenger Cabins (Available on Ford Transit 130WB and 148WB vehicles and can also be installed on existing Sunset Vans vehicles)
- Negative Pressure Passenger Cabin
- Ultra Violet Disinfectant Lamps
- HEPA Filtration for Nagtive Pressure System
- In Cabin Passenger HEPA Filtration (Optional)
- Wheelchair and Gurney Accessible
- ABS Interior Kit (Easy to Sanitize)
- Ozone Disinfection (Optional)
- Oxygen Tank Holder (Optional)
- Audio and Video Communication (Optional)
- Rear Cabin Heater (Optional)
- Vehicles Ready for Immediate Delivery
Your safety matters to us. We here at Sunset Vans are monitoring CDC guidelines closely and taking proactive measures to ensure the wellbeing of our employees and customers. Please remember to practice social distancing, wear personal protective equipment, clean your hands regularly, and avoid touching your face. Contact Sunset Vans today to find out more about our safety measures and specialized vans with negative cabin technology.